GiD has been designed to cover all the common needs in the numerical simulation field from pre to post processing: geometrical modeling, effective definition of analysis data, meshing, data transfer to analysis software, as well as the visualization of numerical results.
GiD: a universal, adaptive and user-friendly pre and post processor
- Universal: GiD is ideal for generating all the information required for the analysis of any problem in science and engineering using numerical methods.
- Adaptive: GiD is extremely easy to adapt to any numerical simulation code. GiD’s input and output formats can be customized and made compatible with any existing software.
- User-friendly: the development of GiD has been focused on the user´s needs, providing simplicity, speed and effectiveness for users.
GiD adaptive features
- Multilingual: GiD is adaptable to any language. English, Spanish, Japanese and Russian versions are available.
- Multiplatform: GiD has been developed using C++, Tcl/Tk and OpenGL in order to provide the best performance and portability for MS Windows, Linux or Apple’s Mac OSX.
- Multiple calculation options: local and remote computing (an application is provided to run calculations remotely from GiD).
Why use GiD
- GiD reduces time and costs associated with numerical analyses.
- High speed, high quality and robust meshing and data input definition reduces the analysis preparation time for complex geometries.
- Direct use of CAD data combined with GiD geometric modeling facilities reduces redundancy and costs associated to model creation.
- Easy interface with in-house software codes and CAD systems.
- It reduces the learning time and improves efficiency via an intuitive graphical user interface.
Who needs GiD
- Engineering companies eager to unify their data input and results visualization environment through a variety of numerical simulation codes.
- Universities and R+D centers wishing to provide a user-friendly environment for pre and post processing, which would allow them to develop and use a variety of codes in computational science and engineering.
- Engineers and scientists that want to have individual access to a powerful pre and postprocessing system for the research and application of numerical simulation codes.