(JUNE 2nd and 3rd)
On June 2nd, a complete GiD course dealing from basic to advanced topics.
The morning will be dedicated to a GiD introductory Course (4 hours), treating the following points:
- Basic GiD management: in this course, the basic management of GiD is presented, including the essential parts of the Graphical User Interface (GUI), how to manage the files, the different modes of GiD (geometry, mesh and postprocessing) and working with layers and groups, among other general aspects of the program.
- Geometry creation and edition: the basic geometrical CAD tools of GiD are presented in this course, showing the hierarchical approach of GiD considering the geometrical entities.
- Meshing basic features: How to create simple meshes is detailed in this course. Some of the basic meshing options are presented, like the different types of meshes (structured, semi-structured or unstructured), the different element types, or the different quadratic options.
- Run a CFD simulation: a simple example of how to run a simulation from GiD is presented in this course, using Tdyn (//www.gidhome.com/gid-plus/modules/modules-commercial/43/tdyn/) as the solver.
- Results visualization: the main ways of visualizing results are shown in this course, together with the parameters the user can set in order to obtain a suitable visualization in order to understand better the simulation results.
In the afternoon a course will be given on GiD advanced features:
- Geometry importation and CAD cleaning operations: GiD has several CAD reparing tools, very usefull when importing geometries from other CAD systems. The main cappabilities of GiD in this field are shown in this course, including the parameters which controlls the automatic CAD repearing operations of GiD, and the options of manual geometry editing in order to prepare the geometrical model for the numerical simulation.
- Meshing advanced features: This course is focused in some specific advanced meshing features of GiD, like the option of skipping entitites when meshing, the boundray layer meshing (usefull for CFD simulations), or the cappability of GiD to adapt meshes to the geometry shapes following given chordal error criteria.
- Customization: the new system of connecting solver to GiD (problemtype) developen in the 13th version of GiD will be presented in this course. Also, the Hypermembrane interface will be presented in order to evidence the powerfull of tcl/tk language at the time of creating specific windows within GiD, totally adapted to the solver needs.
- Advanced visualization tools: GiD has several advanced visualization tools applicable both in the pre and the postprocessing part. The use of shadows, the mirror effect and the 3D stereoscopic visualization options are presented in this course.
- Animations: some guidelines and basic rules for creating animations with GiD are explained in this course, in order to take advantage as much as possible of the cappabilities of GiD in this field.
- Working with large models: a set os specific parameters and advices are presented in this course for the cases where the simulation data is huge compared with the computer specifications used for pre and post-processing.
On June 3rd, parallel courses on different modules connected with GiD.
During the morning and afternoon, parallel courses on application modules in several engineering fields will be given:
- Kratos – multiphysics (www.cimne.com/kratos)
- Download the detailed agenda of Kratos_workshop-course.
- IBER – Modelling sediment transport in rivers (www.iberaula.es)
- Tdyn (CFD+HT, RamSeries & SeaFEM) – simulation suite (www.compassis.com)
The courses fee is 120 euros, including:
- 2 days of courses
- One year licence of professional version of GiD v13
- Coffee breaks and lunch
The participants must register before 30 April 2016 at the website congress.cimne.upc.es/gid16.