HELP

Moderator: GiD Team

jacobosaavedra

HELP

Post by jacobosaavedra »

Hello everyone! i'm currently running a model with GiD and Anura3d using the material point method, but after some time working perfectly, this message appears just when i start to generate the files to run my model. im not used to code or anything to do with super computational skills, so if anyone has an idea with this, please, id love to read it. Thanks!
in case that the image isn't uploaded. it says:
Error in base file 'C:/Program Files/GiD/GiD 14.1.0d/problemtypes/Anura3D_2019.2.gid/Anura3D_2019.2.bas' at line number 1: Error in TCL expression: 'Formato o argumentos incorrecto'
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2023-09-01 005026.png
Captura de pantalla 2023-09-01 005026.png (7.31 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
escolano

Re: HELP

Post by escolano »

I don't have a copy of this problemtype
Anura3D_2019.2.gid

I have other versions like Anura3D_2017.2.gid and Anura3D_2022.gid
and the line 1 of the file .bas in my copies is
*tcl(Anura3D::CreateBatch *FileId)
and this Tcl proc is defined in the .tcl file, it seems that in your case GiD 14.1.0d is raising some error evaluating this function.

Maybe your copy of the problemtype is corrupted?
attach a zip with your problemtype, and another zip with the gid model that is raising the error
jacobosaavedra

Post by jacobosaavedra »

Hi escolano! thanks for your reply. My .bas file has the same one line text. i don't know what to do, i have already uninstalled/installed gid several times the last 12 hours hoping this will fix the problem. Anyways i'm attaching the problemtype folder and the model that i'm currently running.

As context, i'm comparing the column collapse using two different models: mohr-coulomb and bingham. I didn't have any problem with both problems until last night when i changed some parameters (but in the material, not in any file) and now neither of both work. :(
Attachments
Model File.zip
(116.61 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
jacobosaavedra

Post by jacobosaavedra »

for some reason i can't attach the zip with the problemtype file because is too large.
escolano

Post by escolano »

attach a zip smaller, without subfolders like dll, doc and exec
For my tests I don't need to run the simulation, only to load the problemtype and export the calculation file
escolano

Post by escolano »

and consider to use the most modern Anura3D version, probably some errors have been fixed
jacobosaavedra

Post by jacobosaavedra »

Hi escolano, thanks for you reply. I'm considering downloading the latest version of GiD and the latest version of anura, i remember that i had to code the last anura problem type folder and it was a horrible experience due to my poor coding skills. I hope that this zip file may help you to help me.

Thanks again, greetings from chile.
Attachments
ProblemType.zip
(27.69 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
escolano

Post by escolano »

I have installed your same GiD version (14.1.0d Windows x64)
copied your attached problemtype (adding a folder images from other anura version, to avoid error reading missing images)
and opened your model and I can export the anura calculation data
e.g.
with Files->Export->Calculation files (.dat files are written ok)
or menu Anura3D->Generate Anura 3D files

Try again resetting your gid.ini file: https://gidsimulation.atlassian.net/wik ... references

If continue failing with the same error, try to debug with ramdebugger the Tcl scripting proc Anura3D::CreateBatch step by step:
1-Data->Problemtype->Debugger...
and open the Tcl problemtype file <GiD>\problemtypes\Anura3D_2019.2.gid\Anura3D_2019.2.tcl
2-set a breakpoint with the key <F9> in the first line of the proc
proc Anura3D::CreateBatch { channel } {
set project_path [GiD_Info Project ModelName]

3-start debugging with <F5>
4- export in anura the calculation file, and then the debugger will be stopped in the breakpoint line, then can see variables and go step by step with <F10> to try to identify the error