Refining structure grid in Zmesher

Moderator: GiD Team

Amors

Refining structure grid in Zmesher

Post by Amors »

Hi everyone,

Recently, I got the model with structure grid in Zmesher. The grid size need to grow from center of model, however, requirement must keep uniform size in specified domain. For example, the whole model size is 2000*2000*2000 and the core-part size is 410*410*400, which grid size is 100 and 10 respectively.
MODEL.png
MODEL.png (27.75 KiB) Viewed 2201 times
I know the Preferences Window→Meshing→Cartesian→Variable need be assigned. Minimum size is 10 and Size ratio is 1.1. It clearly 41*41 grids will be met in XOY plane of the core-part, but I got the 42*44 grids. I notice the size is not 10 in individual grids in this part. I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Thank you very mesh!
Awaiting for your reply.
Attachments
CORE GRIDS.png
CORE GRIDS.png (600.44 KiB) Viewed 2201 times
ALL GRIDS.png
ALL GRIDS.png (541.11 KiB) Viewed 2201 times
escolano

Re: Refining structure grid in Zmesher

Post by escolano »

You can create a big volume of size 2000 holed by a small volume of size 410x410x400
and assign to the small volume a size of 10x10x10
Mesh->Assign cartesian size->Volumes
set 10, 10, 10 as sizes and select the volume.

and then in preferences of meshing set spacing variable ,
(can left the minimum value=1.e-8 or set to 10, it doesn't matter in this case)
and a size ratio for example 1.1 to grown from small sizes to big sizes with this ratio

and then generate a mesh with general size=1000, the mesh will try to grown from the small sizes of 10 to this size with the related size ratio

If the resulting mesh is not exactly as you want (won't be uniform on each region, is a variable spacing) then you can select in preferences 'User defined' and click the 'Grid window...' button and can set the exact number of divisions and x y z grid real values that you want.
Amors

Re: Refining structure grid in Zmesher

Post by Amors »

escolano wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:08 pm You can create a big volume of size 2000 holed by a small volume of size 410x410x400
and assign to the small volume a size of 10x10x10
Mesh->Assign cartesian size->Volumes
set 10, 10, 10 as sizes and select the volume.

and then in preferences of meshing set spacing variable ,
(can left the minimum value=1.e-8 or set to 10, it doesn't matter in this case)
and a size ratio for example 1.1 to grown from small sizes to big sizes with this ratio

and then generate a mesh with general size=1000, the mesh will try to grown from the small sizes of 10 to this size with the related size ratio

If the resulting mesh is not exactly as you want (won't be uniform on each region, is a variable spacing) then you can select in preferences 'User defined' and click the 'Grid window...' button and can set the exact number of divisions and x y z grid real values that you want.
Thank you very much for your answer. I already got I want to.