gid command line documentation

Moderator: GiD Team

bikevin

gid command line documentation

Postby bikevin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 am

Hi, I'm using GiD v12.0.11, and I'm attempting to use it through the command prompt on Windows 10. For example, the command "D:\Program Files\GiD\GiD 12.0.11\gid.exe" -e Mescape geometry create line 0,0 0,1 does create a line from 0,0 to 0,1, but I can't figure out how to get GiD to automatically save the project to a file and close afterwards. Is there some kind of documentation available for the command line?

Thank you!
escolano

Re: gid command line documentation

Postby escolano » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:14 pm

You can see the valid command line syntax in the GiD reference manual
https://www.gidhome.com/documents/referencemanual/GENERAL%20ASPECTS/Invoking%20GiD/Command%20line%20flags

The -e flag is not common, rarely used for a very simple and short 'command' that could be written in the same command line.

To automatize a task you can write the 'process' keyword commands in a batch file (a simple text file) that could be interpreted with

gid.exe -b "your_file.bch"
(it is possible to add extra flags to be run without any window -n ,and also enable or not drawings +g to take pictures, etc.)

e.g. the content of the batch could be something like this, to create a line, save the model to disk and exit

Mescape geometry create line 0,0,0 0,1,0 escape
MEscape Files SaveAs "C:/temp/your_model.gid" escape
MEscape Quit No

Return to “Other”