radial pressure

Moderator: GiD Team

gigalaz

radial pressure

Post by gigalaz »

Hi everyone, I am calculating a curved beam with a radial internal pressure with MATFEM, however when wanting to apply linear stresses, they can only be applied in x or y .. does anyone know how I could apply radial pressure ??? :|
Attachments
GID-MATFEM
GID-MATFEM
Screenshot_24.png (16.66 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
escolano

Re: radial pressure

Post by escolano »

It seems that the MATFEM problemtype is not prepared for this kind of 'normal pressure',

It only has 'Uniform Side Load' with load components defined in global x,y axis
or 'Point Loads' with force components also defined in global x,y axis

The only way to simulate it is for example manually assign to each mesh node a point load calculating manually the x,y components of a load normal to the boundary on the node (and off course multiplying the pressure by its tributary area to be a force)
gigalaz

Re: radial pressure

Post by gigalaz »

escolano wrote:It seems that the MATFEM problemtype is not prepared for this kind of 'normal pressure',

It only has 'Uniform Side Load' with load components defined in global x,y axis
or 'Point Loads' with force components also defined in global x,y axis

The only way to simulate it is for example manually assign to each mesh node a point load calculating manually the x,y components of a load normal to the boundary on the node (and off course multiplying the pressure by its tributary area to be a force)

Thank you very much for your answer, I modify the MATFEM code in Matlab, I guess its the only way!