Register GiD

Moderator: GiD Team

Grgo

Register GiD

Post by Grgo »

Hi,

I'm new with GiD and I'm still learning how to use it. But I need help with saving file. I have installed the USB licence for GiD, and after I import some .igs file and try to save it on computer I got this message:"This version of the program GiD only allows to export 25 surfaces and there were 28. Check menu Help->Register GiD". Is there a problem with password or program version?

Regards,
Grgo
escolano

Re: Register GiD

Post by escolano »

By your message, your GiD is working as non-licenced. (its upper-right icon is red, when it is licenced it become green)
Are you sure that do you have a 'register' memory stick for this main GiD version (current is GiD 13)?
and the memory stick is plug in the machine where GiD is started?

When do you buy a USB licence do you obtain this licence key.
Then you must exchange in our web the licence for the final password for your specific memory stick
(If you bought the 'airmail order' we send a physical memory stick with this step already done and with its password)

The password is stored in the root of the memory stick, in a file named '.GiDauthority' (with hidden attribute by default)
Do you have this file in your memory stick?
Grgo

Re: Register GiD

Post by Grgo »

When i connect usb to pc this message pops:"USB key reconnected, changing to PROFESSIONAL Version.", and when I disconnect it then this message appears:"USB key disconnected, changing to EVALUATION Version." After few days I tried to do same. And now I can save that same file that i was trying to save dew days ago without warnings about exporting X number of surfaces.

You sent me a permament USB password over your site for GiD 13, and I have ".GiDauthority" file on my usb stick that's why i was confused about all of this. Maybe it was something about recognition usb?