Minimal requirements?

Moderator: GiD Team

mjloyd007

Minimal requirements?

Post by mjloyd007 »

Hello,

I would like to ask, what are the minimal and recommended hardware requirements for this software? I have got a pretty dated laptop and I am not sure if it will provide enough processing power. I couldn't find this information on the web site.

Thanks in advance!
escolano

Re: Minimal requirements?

Post by escolano »

There are no minimal requirements,
Practically all computers with Windows, Linux or Mac OS X (from Mavericks, included) are able to run it

Of course a modern computer with a fast processor, a lot of RAM and a good graphic card will be better, but not essential.

In any case you can install it on your laptop and try your own conclusions.

(if gid.exe doesn't start let us know and we will suggest different options to run it: e.g. use OpenGL by software if there are problems with your graphic card or its drivers to do it by hardware)
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

escolano wrote:There are no minimal requirements,
Practically all computers with Windows, Linux or Mac OS X (from Mavericks, included) are able to run it

Of course a modern computer with a fast processor, a lot of RAM and a good graphic card will be better, but not essential.

In any case you can install it on your laptop and try your own conclusions.

(if gid.exe doesn't start let us know and we will suggest different options to run it: e.g. use OpenGL by software if there are problems with your graphic card or its drivers to do it by hardware)
That's it, thank you, it is pity that I did not immediately notice this topic, just had a problem with the launch because of the video card (I have it built in intelHD) now everything is working fine)
More skulls for the skull throne. Steam Iron - doing it`s best.
strains

Post by strains »

Sophie wrote: That's it, thank you, it is pity that I did not immediately notice this topic, just had a problem with the launch because of the video card (I have it built in intelHD) now everything is working fine)
I have a intelHD video card as well. Whenever I want to use GiD I have to disable the intelHD graphics card in device manager. This will let the program boot on my other graphics card. After the program's booted I can enable the intelHD card again.There's probably a way to set this up easier...?
escolano

Post by escolano »

You try can change GiD settings to be able to use the integrated intelHD card, but using OpenGL by software (slower)
Utilities->Preferences...
Graphical->System->Safe visualization mode

or maybe you can use always your second graphic card, it seems that it is better than the intelHD one.