Pass server password

Moderator: GiD Team

Hamed

Pass server password

Post by Hamed »

Hi. I want to register gid in a server using floating point method. The pass server that I've download from your site is x32 version. I wonder if x64 exists (my operating system is x64). when I run the pass server, a window appears with 3 sections . 1- remote server 2- port number 3-password

when I enter a desired password, the computer prompts me with " error connecting as administrator password is not valid". What should I do?
escolano

Re: Pass server password

Post by escolano »

The Windows x64 version of passerver is unneeded, the x32 version works in both systems x32 and x64
(and the amount of memory used by passerver is small, then it doens't matter if internally use pointers of 64 bits or 32 bits)

GiD client must be of a different platform than the passerver that provides its floating password, e.g. GiD could run on Linux, Max OS X or Windows x64 independently of the passerver platform.

About the values that passerver-conf require to connect with passerverd (the service/daemon), you must specify
1- the server IP (or its name is a DNS convert this name to the IP)
2- the port (7073 by default)
3- the password to allow access to change the passerver configuration.
The first time that you install passerverd there is not any adminstration password set, then passerver-conf must ask you to set it (repeating twice to avoid errors). Next times only this password will be accepted to do the administration connection.
(the password is saved, encrypted, in the file <PasServer xx>\config\users.pass, if you delete it then you will be asked like the first time to be set)
Hamed

Re: Pass server password

Post by Hamed »

Many thanks for your help