Definition for 2 gauss points read

Moderator: CODE_BRIGHT Team

Kevin

Definition for 2 gauss points read

Post by Kevin »

HI all,

I am trying to simulate a coupled thermo-hydro-mechanical. Whenever I simulate it without any external load i can read results but whenever I apply loading " No results found: definitions for 2 gauss points read." message is displayed. Could you please help me identify the problem with my simulation.

Thank you

-Kevin
Attachments
Thermohydromechanical.gid.zip
(260.42 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
code_bright

Re: Definition for 2 gauss points read

Post by code_bright »

Hi Kevin,

"Definition for 2 gauss points read" is a general error that doesn't tell me anything about what's wrong with the definition of your model.

If you go to Calculate --> View process info, you can observe that there is already a problem of convergence at the very beginning of the calculation. In fact, the time interval is being reduced right away because the liquid pressure correction is higher than the value you have established. There are severals possibilities for this error:

- Your boundary/initian conditions are not correctly set.

- Your initial time step is not correctly set.

- The value established for the liquid pressure correction (Data --> Problem data --> Problem data --> Solution strategy --> Pl Iter Corr) is too low.

- You need an initial interval to equilibrate the model before setting forces/flows.

Hope it helps,

Alfonso
Kevin

Re: Definition for 2 gauss points read

Post by Kevin »

Thanks !!! It worked a lot.