Problem with the PasServer

Moderator: GiD Team

Peter

Problem with the PasServer

Post by Peter »

Hello, we are running a Windows Server 2012 R2 and PassServer 2.5 with a Floating license for Gid Version 12 - max of 2 Clients.

The Problem is that the Licenses very often are not released an so stay reserved, and we cannot start a new session. When i send a Message to see which Pcs are using the licence it says that 2 Messages where sent. And right after this the 2 licenses are free even with out any Action on the Clients. By the way None of the Clients gets the Message because the Program doesnot run on any of them.

So is there a hotfix or something how i could prevent this error with the stuck Licences? Because i can´t restart the Service all the day.
escolano

Re: Problem with the PasServer

Post by escolano »

Some user has reported a similar case, but until now we were not able to repeat it in our tests, then we have not been able to fix it.

Until a fix is available, maybe you can automatize (for example with the 'Windows Task Scheduler') in your computer the automatic restart of the service (e.g. at nigth or once a week, depending on the frecuency of the problem of 'locked licences'...)