License for Mac OS X

Moderator: GiD Team

amit12kd

License for Mac OS X

Post by amit12kd »

Hi,

I have a couple of questions-

1. I don't see an official version for Mac OS X, is there one available?

2. Does the evaluation version a developer or official version? What's the difference?

3. If I buy the USB license, would it work for both Linux and Mac OS X ?

Thank you
abelcs

Re: License for Mac OS X

Post by abelcs »

Hello,

you are right: there is only the developer version available for Mac OS. The official versions are more stable, and they are the result of just fixing bugs from the first official version (the 12.0 was published on July 2014). The developer versions include new developments, and may be not so robust in some of the features.
The usb license is valid for all platforms.
amit12kd

Post by amit12kd »

Thank you for your clarification. I'm interested in purchasing the usb license but I'm skeptical about a few things, it would be great if you could clarify them-

1. You said that the UBS License is valid for all platforms - is the same true for both the official and developer versions (because there's no official version for Mac and I'm interested to run it on Mac as well)

2. Can I just use evaluation (or trial version) for a demonstration to students or is there a time constraint on that? (If it would expire or not)
abelcs

Post by abelcs »

Hello,

the password is valid for all 12.x versions (both official and developers).
You can get the free evaluation password (full cappabilities of GiD) from the website, and it lasts one month. Each computer can get up to three evaluation passwords, so there should be no problem for your students to get it.