Problem with postprocessing

Moderator: GiD Team

bianca4519

Problem with postprocessing

Post by bianca4519 »

Hello to everyone,
I am writing because I cannot start the postprocessing of my model and I don't understand why. The problem is the following: when all the modeling is finished, after assigning the material, creating the mesh, and calculating, I go to post processing and I'm not able to see any results because the program says "Please load a MODEL first" and all the options are frozen. I don't understand why, as I'm pretty sure mine is a model :roll:
Can someone help me? I am new to this program, and I am not familiar with codes, so even though I read a previous post about this problem, I don't understand how they managed to solve it.
I attach a screenshot of the model and the problem described.

Thanks to everyone in advance. :)

Bianca.
Attachments
65c3d6cb-2e29-483d-85dc-b3968cd7161a.jpg
65c3d6cb-2e29-483d-85dc-b3968cd7161a.jpg (164.54 KiB) Viewed 252 times
escolano

Re: Problem with postprocessing

Post by escolano »

To view in postprocess the results, these results must exists (<modelname>.post.res, ...) , calculated by the problemtype solver.
Probably the solver is not able to do the calculation because some problem with boundary conditions, mesh, ...
and probably is writing some error message. (try in pre the menu Calculate->View process info...)
Have a look to the files created by the calculation program inside the model folder, to see if some show the problem.
You have just cutted the attached image hiding the title of the window that shows the problemtype name, then I don't know which are you using to try to do this calculation.