How to Create a New toolbar

Moderator: GiD Team

Amors

How to Create a New toolbar

Post by Amors »

Hi all,

I am lucky to find a new function, such as "set MyBitmapsCommands(0) [list
    • "Data LocalAxes DefineLocAxes" "Files WriteCalcFile"]", which is a part of /abaqus.gid/abaqus.tcl. And I like the command of " Files WriteCalcFile " very much. However, I want to creat some new button again in Preprocess and Postprocess. I cannot find the command which replace the function from menu, such as "Calculate->cancel process". I needn't click twice button from menu-toolbar If I can creat a shortcut key.
      So I need some help files that write the Internal commands corresponding to all functions from menu. I think it would be great to have all the functions I used to do on the desktop.

Regards,
escolano

Re: How to Create a New toolbar

Post by escolano »

A way to know the process commands used by GiD to do something (require GiD 16.1.6d developer or higher)
is to go to the checkbox menu
Utilities->Tools->Develop->Show process commands
then do the actions you want as user
and finally unset the checkbox
a Window will show the commands processed, it is an interesting information to create scripts, macros and batch files.
Other options are open the "Undo multiple" window (preprocess only) and see some command
and have a look to the file scripts/GrDataMenus.tcl and find "Cancel process" and know the command invoked
in this case is simply the process string
Mescape Utilities CancelProcess
Amors

Post by Amors »

escolano wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:27 pm A way to know the process commands used by GiD to do something (require GiD 16.1.6d developer or higher)
is to go to the checkbox menu
Utilities->Tools->Develop->Show process commands
then do the actions you want as user
and finally unset the checkbox
a Window will show the commands processed, it is an interesting information to create scripts, macros and batch files.
Other options are open the "Undo multiple" window (preprocess only) and see some command
and have a look to the file scripts/GrDataMenus.tcl and find "Cancel process" and know the command invoked
in this case is simply the process string
Mescape Utilities CancelProcess
Thanks your help! I get it. I find the command from recorder of macros can be used directly to the scripts of .TCL, but I need delete the double colon behind the "proc". This method is really convenient.
escolano

Post by escolano »

Yes, the code shown must not be used exactly with in tcl scripting, batchs
e.g.
some Escape of MEscape must be added,
unnecessary commands must be deleted, etc.
-tcl- mean that is a Tcl proc, not a 'GiD process' string
(in batch must use *****tcl )