Is there an easy way to avoid distorted elements and elements with zero or negative Jacobian?

Moderator: GiD Team

zgrub

Is there an easy way to avoid distorted elements and elements with zero or negative Jacobian?

Post by zgrub »

Hi,

I am working on a model in which I need to make multiple ellipsoidal volumes. I generated a mesh with GiD (with no errors in GiD returned) and then from mesh file I produced Abaqus input file. The case is that I have many distorted elements and some of them with zero or negative Jacobian, so I can't process the input with Abaqus because of the errors.

Do you have any tips how to avoid distorted elements and elements with zero or negative Jacobian? I've tried to generate a finer mesh but every try ended with errors returned by GiD or GiD abnormal termination.

I am attaching a file with screenshots of these elements in Abaqus Cae and the GiD project from which I've taken the mesh. Mesh in the input file was equivalented and renumbered using Patran.
project.zip

Thank you!
escolano

Re: Is there an easy way to avoid distorted elements and elements with zero or negative Jacobian?

Post by escolano »

Sorry, the link with 'project.gid' is not available now for download.

You can attach zip files directly in this forum