To do structured mesh with Hexanedra

Post by LongZhu »

Submit_for_Gid_Formus_1.png
Submit_for_Gid_Formus_1.png (28.04 KiB) Viewed 6728 times
Submit_for_Gid_Formus_2.png
Submit_for_Gid_Formus_2.png (66.53 KiB) Viewed 6728 times
submit_for_Gid_Formus_3.png
submit_for_Gid_Formus_3.png (4.66 KiB) Viewed 6728 times
Does the sub_divide showd in the picture is correct when i need to do structed mesh with Hexanedra?
The different color in Cylinder contained a Sphere, So the original part in Cylinder would be deleted and put the Sphere into it.
There is a coil in the part outside the Cylider, so these part should be delete the coil part in the right place, after that, we need place a new coil into the palce in the Cylider.

Except the Sphere and Coil, these left parts should be unioned into one Volumn.

However, the structured mesh continuously informates me that Failed to sturctured mesh and There are elements with negative Jacobian In some node when i modify the sub_divide.
Attachments
2019_8_20.gid.rar
(540.98 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
abelcs

Re: To do structured mesh with Hexanedra

Post by abelcs »

Hello LongZhu,
We have been checking your model and we have detected some problem in GiD at the time to compatibilize the numbers of divisions in lines of structured and semi-structured volumes.
We are working to solve it, and we will come back to you when it will be ready.
Thanks so much for reporting it.
abelcs

Re: To do structured mesh with Hexanedra

Post by abelcs »

Hello,
we have finally solved the bugs related to this post. They will be ready for the next developer version to be released soon (14.1.7d).
Apart from some specific bug, we have detected that the model have some problems in the definition of some of the volumes. Please, set the Utilities->Repair option, which will repair them automatically.
Kind regards,