Convert Mesh into Geometry

Moderator: GiD Team

damuopel

Convert Mesh into Geometry

Post by damuopel »

Hi, i am trying to convert a mesh into a geometry composed by nurbs. What i am doing until now is importing the stl file generated in my case by a Matlab triangulation and then i go to the geometry menu, create and geometry by mesh. When i click this option, the program stops running and closes.
If anyone knows how to do this please let me know, i would be very grateful. By the way, i am using the GID 12 version.

Thank you.
escolano

Re: Convert Mesh into Geometry

Post by escolano »

In general do the 'inverse step of meshing' (try to recover smooth surfaces that have generated a mesh) doesn't work

The only robust option is simply create a geometrical surface for each surface mesh element.
Geometry->Create->Geometry from mesh->One element-one surface

In fact this menu doesn't exists in old GiD 12 versions, a recent GiD version will be required
damuopel

Post by damuopel »

escolano wrote:In general do the 'inverse step of meshing' (try to recover smooth surfaces that have generated a mesh) doesn't work

The only robust option is simply create a geometrical surface for each surface mesh element.
Geometry->Create->Geometry from mesh->One element-one surface

In fact this menu doesn't exists in old GiD 12 versions, a recent GiD version will be required
Thank you very much for your reply.
I know it is a difficult procedure but i have seen this feature and i thought it may help me.
escolano

Post by escolano »

If do you want attach a zip with your stl mesh, to see if our tools are able to deal with it