Create results for tensor

Moderator: GiD Team

vinayak.gholap

Create results for tensor

Post by vinayak.gholap »

Hello!

In my postprocessing using GiD 12.0.9, I create results by subtracting two increment steps for a scalar result data (error in the scalar solution field). But when I try to do it for a tensor data (order 2) I have following error:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
found an error

while executing
"GiD_Result create {*}$res_dst"
(procedure "PCRApply" line 412)
invoked from within
"PCRApply"
invoked from within
".gid.wPostCrearResultado.but.apply invoke "
invoked from within
".gid.wPostCrearResultado.but.apply instate !disabled { .gid.wPostCrearResultado.but.apply invoke } "
invoked from within
".gid.wPostCrearResultado.but.apply instate pressed { .gid.wPostCrearResultado.but.apply state !pressed; .gid.wPostCrearResultado.but.apply instate !di..."
(command bound to event)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has this anything to do with the warning message when loading the .res file "Gauss point 'gauss_points' already defined."?

Is there the possibility to create results for such tensors? Or is it possible to compare individual components of tensor for two different increment steps? Currently, in the options for Result selection, I am able to select only the tensor field and not the individual components.

Thank you in advance!
escolano

Re: Create results for tensor

Post by escolano »

please, attach a zip with the GiD model to be able to test it
vinayak.gholap

Post by vinayak.gholap »

The file size is too large to attach here. Can I email it to some address?
escolano

Post by escolano »

About the warning message when loading the .res file "Gauss point 'gauss_points' already defined.

If do you have control on the source code of the calculation code that is writing this result file, you must do what the message suggest:
define only once in this file the gauss_points used by your results
or if they match the ones predefined by GiD, use our names without write any extra block defining them
GP_POINT_1
GP_LINE_1
GP_TRIANGLE_1 GP_TRIANGLE_3 GP_TRIANGLE_6
GP_QUADRILATERAL_1 GP_QUADRILATERAL_4 GP_QUADRILATERAL_9
GP_TETRAHEDRA_1 GP_TETRAHEDRA_4 GP_TETRAHEDRA_10
GP_HEXAHEDRA_1 GP_HEXAHEDRA_8 GP_HEXAHEDRA_27
GP_PRISM_1 GP_PRISM_6
GP_PIRAMID_1 GP_PIRAMID_5
GP_SPHERE_1
GP_CIRCLE_1

About e-mail us a big model, better try first to provide a small example attached directly in this forum (a coarse mesh and/or few time steps)
escolano

Post by escolano »

The problem is not that the result is a tensor.
It seems that the tool of "Window->Create result" currently is only able to handle results 'on nodes', or 'on gauss points' but with only 1 gauss point by element.
Your example has this result defined on quadrilaterals with 9 gauss points

We will try to allow it for next versions

I attach a zip with a possible patch for GiD 14.0.1, try replacing the file <GiD>/scripts/PostCreateResult.tcl by the copy of the attached zip
PostCreateResult.zip
(28.71 KiB) Downloaded 347 times

(and do the operation only for a step)