Mesh generation problem

Moderator: GiD Team

KaniTo

Mesh generation problem

Post by KaniTo »

Hello every one,
I am a new user for GID and, now studying the Tutorial.
I have a problem during studying the Tutorial.
I dont know why it happen even I follow every step in the Tutorial.
The geometry view is as same as shown in the Tutorial, but the mesh is wrong.

Could anyone give me a suggestion for this problem?
And one more question, does GID has an undo function?

Thank you
KaniTo
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (16.84 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
GID_Capture.PNG
GID_Capture.PNG (32.52 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
abelcs

Re: Mesh generation problem

Post by abelcs »

Hello, could you please tell me which version of GiD are you using?
escolano

Post by escolano »

Try re-opening the file, How look the mesh then?
(without re-mesh, in some case seems that the mesh really is internally ok, but its representation inside the graphic card become wrong)

Check also that do you have only a volume, maybe there are more than one with the same surfaces as boundary
KaniTo

Post by KaniTo »

abelcs wrote:Hello, could you please tell me which version of GiD are you using?
Hello, I use V13.0.4

Could you please suggest me how to handle with it.?

Thank you
KaniTo

Post by KaniTo »

escolano wrote:Try re-opening the file, How look the mesh then?
(without re-mesh, in some case seems that the mesh really is internally ok, but its representation inside the graphic card become wrong)

Check also that do you have only a volume, maybe there are more than one with the same surfaces as boundary

Oh, It seems to be o.k. after re-opening the file.
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
KaniTo

Post by KaniTo »

escolano wrote:Try re-opening the file, How look the mesh then?

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
It seems to be o.k. after I re-opened the program.

May i ask you one more question?
Now, i am leaning how to use GID
I try to follow the instruction, but sometimes the error was found after I generated mesh. (please see the attach file)
In my opinion, the program should automatically generate the uniformly and symmetry mesh. (my opinion may be wrong)
So I would like to ask you that in case I did some thing wrong during drawing the model, which cause the wrong mesh generation.
What should I do? can I correct the model without re-drawing.

Thank you,
Attachments
r3Q1Q.PNG
r3Q1Q.PNG (38.04 KiB) Viewed 7271 times
1w13.PNG
1w13.PNG (15.6 KiB) Viewed 7271 times
escolano

Post by escolano »

The problem of show just after mesh a wrong mesh, like your initial picture (where seems that some nodes are in a wrong location)
only happen in some rare case and never happened in our machines.

It is a graphic problem, the mesh and the node coordinates are ok, saving and opening again the mesh is refreshed ok in screen also.

It seems a problem with a combination of graphic card+driver+GiD version+Open GL options used

I suspect that is related with Vertex buffer objects and Vertex array methods, where coordinates are copied to the graphic card memory to accelerate drawings,
try changing Utilities->Preferences... Graphical->System->Method: Display lists or Immediate
and maybe is not happening in latest GiD versions (you can try last the 13.1.11d developer version)

What is your operating system? Windows, Linux? Which version?
KaniTo

Post by KaniTo »

escolano wrote:The problem of show just after mesh a wrong mesh, like your initial picture (where seems that some nodes are in a wrong location)
only happen in some rare case and never happened in our machines.

It is a graphic problem, the mesh and the node coordinates are ok, saving and opening again the mesh is refreshed ok in screen also.

It seems a problem with a combination of graphic card+driver+GiD version+Open GL options used

I suspect that is related with Vertex buffer objects and Vertex array methods, where coordinates are copied to the graphic card memory to accelerate drawings,
try changing Utilities->Preferences... Graphical->System->Method: Display lists or Immediate
and maybe is not happening in latest GiD versions (you can try last the 13.1.11d developer version)

What is your operating system? Windows, Linux? Which version?

Hello, Thank you very much for your suggestion.
I had tried to change Graphical System, but it did not work.
Now, I installed this program in 2 computors, one is Windows 10 (laptop lenovo thinkpad x250), and another is Windows 7 (PC).
Both pc show the same results for this model (the previous attached image).
I also tried to install the 13.1.11d developer version, but the result after I used intersection tool, the result of 13.1.11d developer version is not as same as shown in the tutorial (the point on the circle). So I did not continued the drawing (see the attached images)

Now, I really dont know what is the problem.
So, I would like to ask that if the model is correct, but the mesh is wrong (partially), would it affect on the results after FEM analysis?

Thank you,
Attachments
csac.PNG
csac.PNG (19.23 KiB) Viewed 7236 times
sgfwg.PNG
sgfwg.PNG (2.11 KiB) Viewed 7236 times
escolano

Post by escolano »

Sorry I don't understand what is your last question (and seems that is not related to the initial question, please use different topics for different questions).

About your last pictures: The tool that create a circle has changed in latest GiD developer versions, now the starting point of the arc is on the upper point, in previous versions will be on the right of the circle.
The tutorials are related to a GiD version, doing the same with other versions could have some difference.
Which tutorial are you talking about?
Note: don't try to follow tutorials like blind recipes, try to understand the concept of what is trying to do.
KaniTo

Post by KaniTo »

escolano wrote:Sorry I don't understand what is your last question (and seems that is not related to the initial question, please use different topics for different questions).

About your last pictures: The tool that create a circle has changed in latest GiD developer versions, now the starting point of the arc is on the upper point, in previous versions will be on the right of the circle.
The tutorials are related to a GiD version, doing the same with other versions could have some difference.
Which tutorial are you talking about?
Note: don't try to follow tutorials like blind recipes, try to understand the concept of what is trying to do.

The tutorial I am talking about is the built-in Tutorials of GID.
As I m just a beginner, so now I want to know how to use the GID's functions.
Thank you very much for your suggestion, I ll try to understand this program.