INITIAL CONDITION USING A TABLE

Moderator: GiD Team

c.souto

INITIAL CONDITION USING A TABLE

Post by c.souto »

Good morning,

I would like to implement an initial condition window on a surface as follows: The objective is to assign a number of soil types (given by the user). It is about assigning to a surface, for example, 3 soils (soil A is present in 30%, B is 40% and C 30%) this % information is also given by the user. I had thought about doing this with a table in order to have the possiblity of add many types of soil, although the truth is that I have noticed that the tables are only used when assigning values ​​in temporary terms, at least in Iber. So I don't know if it would be the right way to do this. I hope I have explained clearly. I enclose an image of what I have done, would there be a better way to do it?
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (35.21 KiB) Viewed 8812 times

Greetings
escolano

Re: INITIAL CONDITION USING A TABLE

Post by escolano »

A question item with a table (a variable number of rows) could be used for different uses, not necessarily related to the time.
e.g. could be used to define a graph of a constitutive strain/stress low.

You can use it as you want.

Off course you can use other approaches, like define your condition 'Initial_Eroded_Sediment' as canrepeat=yes to allow to be assigned more that once to the same surface, and storing three questions Soil_name, Thickness, and Part_per_Unit
the Soil could be implemented as a GiD material in a separated book, and the Soil_name question could have the special attribute suffix #MAT#(bookname), to be shown as a combobox showing the current available materials of this book