RamDebugger Freezes

Moderator: GiD Team

awa5114

RamDebugger Freezes

Post by awa5114 »

I am using GiD 13 on Windows 7 machine to generate geometries using RamDebugger for TCL. I have succeeded in solving the problem from the thread in this url:

http://www.gidhome.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3715

Using the recommendations from the thread in this url:

http://www.gidhome.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&start=10

I have also modified the configuration to "Debug" in the scripts\ConfigureProgram.tcl file as explained by the pdf in this url:

ftp://www.gidhome.com/pub/GiD_Conventio ... 20code.pdf

In other words, I am now able to launch and debug procedures in RamDebugger using these two commands:

Code: Select all

-np- my_test
-np- source {your_full_path_to_your_file.tcl}
The problem: Sometimes it is necessary for me to exit out of the debug session before I have executed the entire procedure using the "Stop Debugging" button in RamDebugger
StopDebugging.jpg
StopDebugging.jpg (4.48 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
In GiD 12.0.9 (trial version) this works fine. In GiD 13 this freezes the entire program after the blue bar at the bottom of the RamDebugger session appears:
BottomBar.JPG
BottomBar.JPG (13.97 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
I would like to fix this or find an alternate way of ending the debug session before the entire tcl procedure I have called through the GiD command -np- test executes. Some of my procedures are very long and it is unnecessary to step through the entire procedure to debug the line I want.

Thanks
escolano

Re: RamDebugger Freezes

Post by escolano »

probably you cannot stop debugging until the procedure is finished,
then the proc could be re-defined without the additional instrumentation required to be debugged.

It is possible to start ramdebugger from inside GiD (like you are doing, with <F12> or Data->Problemtype->Debugger...),
then it is loaded in the same GiD process, and if GiD exit or crash, then also the debugger exit.

Another possibility is to start it as an external process, and connect 'remotely' to a GiD running process,
In the ramdebugger menu:
File->Debug on->gid
Then if GiD exit or crash the ramdebugger editor is not closed

Some alternativa ways to start ramdebugger externally:
1-using an auxiliary gid.exe as a tclsh Tcl interpreter. double click ramdebugger.vbs (Windows) that in in the folder of gid.exe. This basically starts ramdebugger.bat that set some environment variables to use our scripts, and run gid.exe as a tclsh and load Ramdebugger.tcl
2- if do you have installed 'ActiveTcl' simply double-clicking (Windows) the file 'Ramdebugger.tcl' of GiD scripts, it will be sourced in the tclsh.exe interpreter of ActiveTcl,
3- Download in Internet some copy of ramdebugger that directly is an exe file wrapping a tclsh.exe and the ramdebugger Tcl code.