Problemtype for practice

Moderator: GiD Team

awa5114

Problemtype for practice

Post by awa5114 »

I am using GiD 12.0.9. I would like to create a problemtype that allows the user to output mesh, materials and conditions. However I DON'T want this problemtype to have a solver at all, or maybe to have a dummy solver that does not accomplish anything. The point of this is that I am trying to set up an interface that will allow me to play around with ONLY the mesh, materials and conditions using template file syntax and thus learn how to code the inputs of the solver.

Is there any way to accomplish this? Again I really don't care about the solver itself at this point, I just want to learn how GiD inputs the information into it...
escolano

Re: Problemtype for practice

Post by escolano »

you can create a problemtype that exports the calculation file you want,
it is not necessary to include any solver (or the .bat that start it) that read this calculation file and create result files

If you press Calculate->Calculate, the calculation file/s will be written according with your .bas template/s
if there is no .bat file then probably will show a message that explain this fact, but this is not a problem.

you can also export only the calculation file without run the .bat with
Files->Export->Calculation file...
awa5114

Post by awa5114 »

Please see my other thread which addresses the same issue.

Code: Select all

Sorry but that does not work. I created a problemtype with only .BAS, .MAT and .CND files and when I create a model and click "Calculate" I get the following error message:

This type of problem doesn't exist. Enter new problem type name:

The folder does have a .gid extension so I don't understand why this is happening. This is why I asked the question to begin with...
The only thing I have been successful with so far in doing without a solver is File>Export>Using template.bas... but the .bas is also dependent on the .cnd and .mat files for its output so I think it is not outputting everything. I want the .bas, .cnd and .mat files to all contribute to the output .dat file...
awa5114

Post by awa5114 »

but no solver!!
escolano

Post by escolano »

Maybe your <problemtype>.gid and its inner files (.bas, .mat, etc.) doesn't have the same <problemtype> name?
be careful: Linux / Mac OS X are case sensitive.

It must work!!
attach a zip with your problemtype folder.