problem with dependencies and multiple material assignment

Moderator: GiD Team

theokart

problem with dependencies and multiple material assignment

Post by theokart »

Dear GiD team,

1) Is it possible to make dependencies between two or more questions and their values that are in DIFFERENT titles or books in the condition file??

2)i want to assign the same material(same material name) in different lines but with a different values in some materials properties(matProps).For example i want some elements to be assigned as concrete with elastic(young) modulus 28e6KPa , and some other as concrete BUT with elastic modulus 30e6KPa. When i do for example *loop elems and then *elemsMatProp(elastic_modulus) in the .bas file , it exports always the matProps of the material i assigned last.is there any way to fix it or i need to make the "materials" in the condition file to make it happen??

Looking forward to your responses.
escolano

Re: problem with dependencies and multiple material assignme

Post by escolano »

1) I am not sure that a dependency on a field of a condition could modify fields of other conditions (in other or in the same book). Try it.
Changing a field of the same condition in different title probably will work.

2) About the use of materials, each material name has its own values and the geometric entities or mesh elements points to its material (an entity only points to one material).
If do you want different material properties you must create at run time a new material in the materials window, derived of another material. The new material will have the same fields as 'its parent' but could have other values, and then assign to each part its material and generate the mesh.

GiD conditions works like you have expected for GiD materials: You fill the condition with some values and assign it to entities, then these entities will be marked with the attached condition and the current values (and entities could have multiple conditions, not only one)