Condition over duplicate nodes

Moderator: GiD Team

quispe

Condition over duplicate nodes

Post by quispe »

Hi,
I have a 2D model with discontinuities (lines) in the mesh. Therefore, I decided to use the duplicate option in mesh criteria and applied it to those discontinuities. For my problem type, I also need to apply a certain initial condition to all nodes in my model. So, initially, I applied that condition over the surfaces of the model. However, when I list the nodes using a files bas, I observe that in the discontinuity that condition is only applied to the nodes of one of its faces. I tried to apply that condition over the surfaces and then over the lines of the discontinuities, but I obtained the same result. How can I apply this condition to the nodes of both faces of the discontinuity? I am using the Gid v. 12 for windows.
I would be very grateful if you could help me.
Thanks in advance.
escolano

Re: Condition over duplicate nodes

Post by escolano »

We have made some change related to this in next version 12.1.11d (probably available this week for download).
But I am not sure that your problem become fixed after our changes.
It is difficul to be coherent with the conditions to be applied from different parts to the nodes that are splitted in several copies by the 'duplicate option'.

Please, attach a zip with your model, and a brief explanation of which condition values have you expected for some of your nodes.
quispe

Post by quispe »

Hello,

I am sorry for not answering before. In attach you can find a test to check the boundary conditions applied over duplicated nodes. The problem type is Test_Duplicate.gid and the example corresponds to a 2D model with a line in the middle where the condition "Mesh criteria -> duplicate -> lines" was applied. Over this line and the near surfaces I applied the condition "Line Initial Pore pressure" with a value of 10. The problem appeared when I listed the nodes and their corresponding boundary condition using a bas file. All duplicated nodes have the condition I imposed. However, the pore pressure value is listed as null in some nodes. I tried the same example using the versions 10.0.9 and the version 12.1.10. You can observe the different results by comparing the files *.dat. In the version 10.0.9 this boundary condition applied over the same line seems to be ok.

Thanks,

Roberto.
Attachments
TEST_DUPLICATE_NODES.zip
Test to check boundary conditions over duplicated nodes
(35.98 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
escolano

Post by escolano »

I have tried your example and the result with my GiD 12.1.11d is the same as your good result of GiD 10.0.9 (and the file .dat has been exactly equal)

This developer version will be available for download in few days, just after Easter holidays.