GiD can't show the contour fill

Moderator: GiD Team

wugao

GiD can't show the contour fill

Post by wugao »

Hi GiD users,

I am using the postprocess module of GiD 13.0 (x64) on Windows 10 to view the results in the contour fill.

The data was successfully loaded but there was no image and a message can be found below: ''Sorry, but to get shinny textured contour fill OpenGL v. 1.2 or the GL_EXT_separate_specular_color_extension is needed''. This error just happened because GiD worked fine two days ago with the same data. I tried another version (GiD 13.0.3) but the same problem occurred. How to solve this problem? Any help is much appreciated.

A snapshot is attached below to show the error.

Kind regards,
Wu

[img]
GiD error snapshot.png
GiD error snapshot.png (51.32 KiB) Viewed 19619 times
[/img]
escolano

Re: GiD cann't show the contour fill

Post by escolano »

1) Check in Utilities->Preferences... Graphical->System
if do you have set "Fast visualization mode" or "Safe visualization mode"
If possible try to set the "Fast" option to use OpenGL with the drivers of your graphic card
otherwise will use OpenGL by software, and some OpenGL advanced features are not available.
With fast option the available features depends on you specific graphic card and driver.

2) About the problem to draw the contour will, try and un-setting the 'Exact contour fill' checkbox

Note: 'Exact contour fill' is incompatible with drawing methods "Vertex buffer objects" (VB0) and "Vertex arrays" (VA), must use "Display list" or "Immediate modes" to do it.
Methods are ordered from fast to slow (VBO, VA, Display list, Immediate). VBO and/or VA could not be available depending on the graphic card and version of OpenGL that implements.
wugao

Re: GiD can't show the contour fill

Post by wugao »

Hello,

I have checked the options you suggested in your reply, and after restarting GiD they have no effect on the issue.

I have also reinstalled the NVIDIA drivers for my graphics card and verified the OpenGL version installed with GLView (Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 442.19).

I've had a suggestion that my CPU, a Xeon W-2123 has no integrated graphics chip and therefore might be a cause of the issue?
Although since it was working a few days before, I'm unsure how this affects it.

Thank you