import TCL file of opensees into the GID postprocessing

Moderator: GiD Team

faramarz ranjbar

import TCL file of opensees into the GID postprocessing

Post by faramarz ranjbar »

Hello
I have a Tcl file of structure that I analyzed in Opensees 2.5.0 . How can I now import the TCL file to GID and see the results of the analysis in the GID postprocessing section ?
thanks in advance .
escolano

Re: import TCL file of opensees into the GID postprocessing

Post by escolano »

If you are using the 'gidopensees' problemtype (to use GiD as GUI for OpenSees)
http://gidopensees.rclab.civil.auth.gr
then this interface seems that has an auxiliary program 'OpenSeesPost.exe' that automatically convert the results written by OpenSees to a 'GiD postprocess format' file *.post.res file
faramarz ranjbar

Post by faramarz ranjbar »

Hi
Yes, it's OK to use opensees+GID interface , but my model is such that opensees+GID interface can not model it (there are't elements and material that i'm required for my work in opensees+GID interface , bricl UP element and PDMY02 soil material , respectively ) .
Now, apart from the prior solution suggested by you , there is another way I can import a TLC file or result of opensees that I analyzed by opensees , and see the results of my analysis in the GID postprocessing stage ????
How can I import the results of analysis in opensees into GID and see the results in the post-processing section of GID ???
thanks in advance.
escolano

Post by escolano »

You can try to manually run the OpenSeesPost.exe converter of the gidopensees problemtype to convert .out OpenSees result files into a .post.res GiD results file.

Note: I think that this program is only available for Windows platform (Is seems that has been created with Delphy language, its source code is available, I don't know if it is possible to be compiled for Linux or macOs platforms)

If do your run this program in a console it show its expected syntax
Syntax : OpenSeesPost <GiD path> <project path> <step> <option /b for binary>
e.g.
if do you have a GiD model C:\temp\a.gid and inside there is a folder named OpenSees with the *.out results file you can convert the results of step 1 it with
"C:\Program Files\GiD\GiD 14.1.1d\problemtypes\OpenSees.gid\exe\OpenSeesPost.exe" "C:\Program Files\GiD\GiD 14.1.1d" "C:\temp\a.gid" 1
and it will create the file
"C:\temp\a.gid\a.post.res"
if to you set the /b flag the file is converted again (running gid) from GiD ASCII format to GiD binary compressed format (smaller in disk and faster to be read by GiD)
I don't know if this converter is able to read your kind of results, try it (In any case you could ask to gidopensees developers of this converter or see its source code)

If this file is created you must simply open the GiD model and switch to postprocess. The .post.res file will be automatically read when changing from pre to post.