How to create a statistical RMS graph

Moderator: GiD Team

zz94zz

How to create a statistical RMS graph

Post by zz94zz »

Hi everyone
I need the root mean square of a pressure on a line graph, so I need to create a statistical graph.
1) there's no automatic way to compute that right? (for average, std, maximum we only need to go to Window->create statistical graph)
2) I thought to proceed in this way:
a)create result -> Result1: pressure Operator: * Result2: pressure New name=pressure^2 select all step box
b)create statistical graph -> all step statistical operation: average of: pressure^2

That should create the RMS....
My doubt is on create result, because Gid forces you to choose a time step for result1 and for result2 even if you select "all step box".
The question is: Is it only a bug ? Everything works fine in any case?
Attachments
screenshot of Create result window
screenshot of Create result window
create_result.PNG (46.45 KiB) Viewed 7028 times
anna

Re: How to create a statistical RMS graph

Post by anna »

Hello,

Yes, you are right, this is the way to create the RMS.

Regarding the "Create result" window, yes, it's a bug, thank you for letting us know.
In any case, is working properly, just select the first step for both results and mark the "all steps" box.
zz94zz

Post by zz94zz »

just for someone that can read this post...the procedure above returns the TOTAL SQUARE SUM (the power2 of the RMS) :D
escolano

Post by escolano »

In next GiD 14.1.1d developer version we will add this 'Root mean square' to the list of default operators of the 'Create statistical scalar result' window.