Render attributes not applied in animation steps

Moderator: GiD Team

stimo38

Render attributes not applied in animation steps

Post by stimo38 »

Hi _ I have an issue with GiD v13 when applying render settings to a freesurface / OLS visualisation. Although selected colour and transparency applied to wall/bodies is 'remembered' at all steps in the animation, any changes to the iso surface are not. The step displayed in which I make the changes updates correctly, but all subsequent steps revert to the default render settings. I have attempted to set the parent and child/sub mesh settings, the default render (colour, display style, transparency), but they are not 'remembered' for subsequent steps in the way the wall/bodies is.

I wish to change the default values for the render colour, display style and transparency to something more 'realistic' (ie approx blue, transparent, no mesh facets). These are applied at the time step selected but when animated the subsequent steps the Iso surface is rendered as per the parent settings (magenta, solid etc), but the vessel's wall/body remains with the updated settings:

Default settings:
ISO Surface default.JPG
ISO Surface default.JPG (127.16 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
User settings required
ISO Surface specified.JPG
ISO Surface specified.JPG (103.77 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
Animation next step:
ISO Surface next step.JPG
ISO Surface next step.JPG (111.87 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
How do I get the selected settings to be applied at all animations steps? Note, if I change the settings to a step mid-way through the animation, that frame/step is rendered with the required/updated settings.....?
escolano

Re: Render attributes not applied in animation steps

Post by escolano »

Hi,
The postprocess and animation tools that you are using are the ones developed by the problemtype 'CompassFEM''
This advanced problemtype is not (usually) using any GiD postprocess feature.

Concluding: this question must be asked to the CompassFEM developers (http://www.compassis.com), not to 'GiD developers'
stimo38

Re: Render attributes not applied in animation steps

Post by stimo38 »

thank you - I'll contact them. /C