cuts and deformation

Moderator: GiD Team

natxofp

cuts and deformation

Post by natxofp »

Hello,
I am working with a 3D model in which I performed a series of cuts with the succesion tool. I am trying to get the integration of some results in each cut but I see that when I ask the results for all steps it uses the undeformad area or the deformed one that I have activated, but not the actual deformation of each step. In adition i am not able to ask for the integration for all the cuts at the same time, so I have to do it one by one. There is any option to get the integrate balue according to the deformation in each step as well as to get the graph for each cut I have?
I tried with something like:
GiD_Process Mescape Results Graphs Integrate 3D ThisStep ScalarResult my_name my_component -2147352482 (my cut id) but in the command line it says unknown command-> GiD_Process
I am using GiD 13.0.1

Thank you
escolano

Re: cuts and deformation

Post by escolano »

At Tcl scripting level you could use 'GiD_Process' to send the list of keywords to be processed by the 'gid loop',
then you must use your syntax:
GiD_Process Mescape Results Graphs Integrate 3D ThisStep ScalarResult my_name my_component -2147352482

but writing in the lower entry it expect directly the process keywords: do it without 'GiD_Process'
Mescape Results Graphs Integrate 3D ThisStep ScalarResult my_name my_component -2147352482
or in the entry add as trick the prefix '-np-' (that mean 'no process' and consider that it is Tcl)
-np- GiD_Process Mescape Results Graphs Integrate 3D ThisStep ScalarResult my_name my_component -2147352482

At Tcl level you could use the full Tcl scripting language, with loops , condionals, variables, procedures, etc.
You can invoke the Tcl code for example in the lower entry (with -np- ), or saved in a file and sourcing it, or writing it to be invoked from a button of the macros toolbar, ...

Probably in your case, the most difficult task is to know a priory the 'cut ids', I don't know its rules (it was not designed to be used by external programmers)
natxofp

Re: cuts and deformation

Post by natxofp »

Thank you for your answer.
Then I understand that is not possible to get the integration of the component according the actual step deformation for the cuts??
So the element area remains constant when I choose all steps option in the integrate tool, and tehre is no way to tell gid to choose the actual are for each step?
Thank you again.