Is it possible to plot 2 results in the same point?

Moderator: GiD Team

Helos

Is it possible to plot 2 results in the same point?

Post by Helos »

I have a problem of material discontinuity in solid mechanics of composites.

I've solved the problem separating the domain of each material, and I have 2 sub-problems joined because of the discontinuity interface between materials. In every point belonging to the interface, I have 2 results, one for each material.
The problem is, when I have to plot, every node has an ID and a result associated, so until now, I only give one of two results, and in consequence the program smooths the result in discontinuity lines, when discontinuity is like a step function.

I've attached 2 images, one is the result I got plotting as usual in GID. The second is a result from ansys that shows the abrupt change that I want. The problem is circular fiber inside a square representative volume.
So if I could put two results in the same point... it would be nice, but it is possible?

Thank you very much in advance.
Attachments
An ansys abrupt change along interface
An ansys abrupt change along interface
408e80bd-0c87-4757-a215-bdf01e8e144e.png (21.93 KiB) Viewed 7650 times
A gid smoth result along interface between materials
A gid smoth result along interface between materials
Snapshot.png (83.3 KiB) Viewed 7650 times
Helos

Re: Is it possible to plot 2 results in the same point?

Post by Helos »

I have my problem solver. The solution is to descolapse both surface, so the line of discontinuity is double. Then, there is a node for each domain. When the problem is solved, the program can plot the two material correctly.
geoww

Post by geoww »

I just came across the same problem. Can you please share a sample or explain more. for each material I can define its own submesh
defined in post.msh file. I also get for each submesh a solution value for each node. How does the post.res file look like? Gid should not
so smoothing across material interfaces.
Thanks
escolano

Post by escolano »

you must not define two values of a result for the same node,
you mus simply have two different nodes, each one with its unique number (they could be in the same x,y,z location)
GiuseppeGol

Post by GiuseppeGol »

escolano wrote:you must not define two values of a result for the same node,
you mus simply have two different nodes, each one with its unique number (they could be in the same x,y,z location)
That's so simple. Why didn't I think of that… Thank you.
I would always use C4 Pre Workout for gains.