visualisation of gaussian results

Moderator: GiD Team

mariak

visualisation of gaussian results

Post by mariak »

Hello,
I am trying to visualize results for elemental variables, that are calculated and stored on gauss points,by plotting them on cuts or using isosurfaces. I got the message that these utilities are not avaliable for gaussian results.Is there any possible way to do that in GiD? (or a projection on element nodes is necessary )
Regards
maria
escolano

Re: visualisation of gaussian results

Post by escolano »

What is the GiD version that your are using (see Help->About...)?
And what is the kind of element with the result (tetrahedra, hexahedra,...), linear or quadratic, and how are defined the gauss points (number of gauss points by element and location: internal or user defined)

Depending on all these questions maybe the feature is already implemented in latest GiD versions, or maybe must be implemented in next versions...

Could you attach a small example to test it?
and specify what are you exactly trying to do: cut, then isosurface,....

A comment: when creating the cut is possible to convert the 'cut' to a 'set'
Do cuts->Convert cuts to surface sets
(there is a variable to do this conversion automatically when creating a cut)
some features are available for sets but not for cuts (a set is a normal mesh with all its results)
mariak

Re: visualisation of gaussian results

Post by mariak »

Thanks a lot for the quick respose
I am using the 12.0.4 version.Regarding the element type is tetrahedra with linear shape functions with 4 gauss Points (internal).I am going to try your suggestion about converting cuts to sets.If i have still troubles i will set up a small example and send it to you.
Regards
maria