contour axes

Moderator: GiD Team

wangjian

contour axes

Post by wangjian »

Hello,
I have two questions

1.when I select the contour fill,the option ——Reference axes seems can't change the axes extent,and it depend on the geometry.

can i change it ? because the geometry are 3D,but i want a 2D image cut.axes extent larger then the cut .Is there any other options can change the axes?

2.when i cut volume ,it produces a new 3D geometry but not smooth and always irregularity .it dosen't like the cut plane and cut sphere.But i want a new 3D smooth cut .

can anybody help me ?

Thanks!
anna

Re: contour axes

Post by anna »

Hello,

1. I you only show the cut the axes are resized. Could you please attach an image about the problem?

2. Could you please submit more information or attach an example about your problem?

Thank you,
wangjian

Post by wangjian »

This pictrue is an example for the second question . As you see,the surfacce of the volume cut is uneven,how can i make it even? Because the original model is too big to show the interior.

This pictrue is an example for the first question .As you see,the picture is a cut of 3D volume.But the axes frame are not fit it.How can i change the length of axes?
wangjian

Post by wangjian »

1st
2nd
wangjian

Post by wangjian »

wangjian

Post by wangjian »

Maybe the new URL can work.

1stImage
2ndImage
escolano

Post by escolano »

No, the links doesn't work.
You can also 'Upload and attachment' in your reply.
wangjian

Post by wangjian »

Hello,
Attachments
This pictrue is an example for the first question .As you see,the picture is <br /><br />a cut of 3D volume.But the axes frame are not fit it.How can i change the <br /><br />length of axes?
This pictrue is an example for the first question .As you see,the picture is

a cut of 3D volume.But the axes frame are not fit it.How can i change the

length of axes?
2nd.png (257.44 KiB) Viewed 9039 times
This pictrue is an example for the second question . As you see,the surfacce <br /><br />of the volume cut is uneven,how can i make it even? Because the original <br /><br />model is too big to show the interior
This pictrue is an example for the second question . As you see,the surfacce

of the volume cut is uneven,how can i make it even? Because the original

model is too big to show the interior
1st.png (219.61 KiB) Viewed 9039 times
miguel

Post by miguel »

Hi,
in regard to your second question "2.when i cut volume ,it produces a new 3D geometry but not smooth and always irregularity .it dosen't like the cut plane and cut sphere.But i want a new 3D smooth cut ."

How do you create this cut ( Do Cut --> Cut plane) ? or Do Cut --> Cut Sphere ?
Can you post the example somewhere i can download it?
Are you using quadratic tetrahedrons?

If you are using Do cuts --> Divide volume sets, then the tetrahedrons are not actually cut. Full tetrahedrons are 'selected' and sent to a new mesh.
In future we'll add an 'exact' option to cut the tetrahedrons and create a mesh of partial tetrahedrons.

Do Cut --> Cut plane / Cut sphere cut the tetrahedrons using a plane / sphere-shell, and create a triangle mesh over the plane/sphere-shell.

best regards,

Miguel
anna

Post by anna »

Hi,

About your first question, is not possible to set the size of the axes. But we will take in account your problem for next improvements.

Thank you,