Multiplication of nodes at the creation of the mesh

Moderator: GiD Team

VictorDesloges

Multiplication of nodes at the creation of the mesh

Post by VictorDesloges »

Hi guys,

It's my first topic on the GiD forum. I try to handle this software, in the version 10.0, but I failed to mesh my model properly. My model is quite simple: it is a cube, defined by 8 points (4 apartments on the top face, a first layer, and 4 apartments on the bottom face, a second layer) as well as the 4 other faces, defined respectively in different layers.
When I mesh my model, on a corner the nodes are multiplied, do you know how to adjust this parameter and thus create "unique" nodes (see screenshot below) ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback and respectfully,

Victor Desloges
escolano

Re: Multiplication of nodes at the creation of the mesh

Post by escolano »

The mesh inherit the topology from its source geometry. What is 'connected' in geometry is connected in mesh.
If the geometric lines are sharing a single point, then you will obtain in the mesh a single node.

Is seems that creating your geometric model sometimes you are creating new points instead of select an old existing point (when selecting points <Ctrl>-a swap between expect a new point (3 real coordinates) or expect an existing point (1 integer id)

You can delete all duplicated points (close to a tolerance: the tolerance of Utilities->Preferences - Import - Tolerance) with the tool
Utilities->Collapse->Model

(probably the automatic tolerance will be enough for your case)
Then generate again the mesh

Follow some GiD tutorial to start learning how to use GiD (Help->Tutorials)
VictorDesloges

Re: Multiplication of nodes at the creation of the mesh

Post by VictorDesloges »

Hi escolano,

Thank's for your answer, it's now better !
escolano wrote:The mesh inherit the topology from its source geometry. What is 'connected' in geometry is connected in mesh.
If the geometric lines are sharing a single point, then you will obtain in the mesh a single node.

Is seems that creating your geometric model sometimes you are creating new points instead of select an old existing point (when selecting points <Ctrl>-a swap between expect a new point (3 real coordinates) or expect an existing point (1 integer id)

You can delete all duplicated points (close to a tolerance: the tolerance of Utilities->Preferences - Import - Tolerance) with the tool
Utilities->Collapse->Model

(probably the automatic tolerance will be enough for your case)
Then generate again the mesh

Follow some GiD tutorial to start learning how to use GiD (Help->Tutorials)