Material parameters can't be selected

Moderator: GiD Team

dschordschy

Material parameters can't be selected

Post by dschordschy »

Hello I am trying to use a GiD mesh with tochnog.
But I can't choose a material Parameter as it is shown in the GiD pdf manual on page 160.
I attached a snapshot of my desktop with the material window.
I have selected tochnog as problemtype. I am using version 12.0.3
Thanks for the Help.
Dschordschy
Attachments
snapshot of the Material window in GiD
snapshot of the Material window in GiD
Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-08-01 12-38-53.png (305.53 KiB) Viewed 3338 times
escolano

Re: Material parameters can't be selected

Post by escolano »

What do you mean by "GiD pdf manual on page 160"?
GiD user manual, GiD reference manual, GiD customization manual?
Do you mean the ones of the current GiD official version 14 ?
(each version has its own manuals)

In any case, the content of the 'materials' window is not defined by GiD, but by the problemtype loaded (tochnoc in this case)
By your image seems that tochnoc define a material named 'soil group 1' (or you as user have created it with this name, derived of another)
and this material doesn't has any field to be filled. Maybe it is used only to mark some selection of entities, and don't want attach any extra information to this material.
dschordschy

Post by dschordschy »

Hi escolano I used the GiD_14_User_Manual.pdf indeed. At the moment I try to solve a Tochnog tutorial. In the section " Assign a material to surface" it says: " Now assign to the surface a Tochnog element group (material). Select GROUP1 in the dialog and set the group_type to -materi. Then select the surface with Assign Surfaces.
Selecting the Group and Asigning the surface is clear but I cant see a way to set a group type.
As it is in the Tochnog tutorial relatedd to GiD I thought it should be a standard procedure.
Thanks for Your help.
escolano

Post by escolano »

I have an old version of a problemtype 'tochnog' and its material named 'GROUP1' has the field 'group_type' related by its manual.
This is my screen capture
tochnog_material_GROUP1.png
tochnog_material_GROUP1.png (7.8 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
maybe your version of the problemtype tochnog doesn't match the tutorial that you are reading.

In any case the definition of the material names or its fields depends on each problemtype, it is not a 'GiD standard'