Mesh Concentration

Moderator: GiD Team

akam553

Mesh Concentration

Post by akam553 »

Hi,

I have two questions:

1-Does the surface element concentration only works for tetrahedral elements in 3d?
2-What is the weighing relationship in line concentration? If I knew that that would be so helpful for me to match the sizes of two elements of adjacent lines together.

Cheers,
Arman
escolano

Re: Mesh Concentration

Post by escolano »

1- The concentration of element sizes works for all categories: curves, surfaces and volumes of unstructured meshes.
You can assign mesh sizes to points, lines, surfaces and volumes and the mesher will try to match them.
The 'automatic correct sizes' preference allow to decrease big sizes (near small sizes, curved parts, thin parts, etc.) to try to be able to fit a mesh.
The 'unstructured size transition' preference set how slow or fast change (usually grown) the element sizes

For structured meshes it is only possible set weights to structured lines, to concentrate the fixed amount of elements near or far its end points

The mesh of the lines implicitly affect the mesh of the surfaces with this lines as boundary, and the mesh of the surfaces affect the mesh of its volumes

2- It is not easy to answer the second part, it depends on several factors: type of mesher, of entity, values of some preferences...
If do you want to have 'similar sizes' in two near curves maybe you can set its number of divisions (structured mesh for these lines)
Mesh->Structured->Lines->Assign number of cells