Problems with element numbering

Moderator: GiD Team

DaniY

Problems with element numbering

Post by DaniY »

I have detected a possible bug in the new version of GiD (v. 13.0.1) in which the numbering of the elements exceeds the total number of elements in the preprocessor. The total number of elements of the domain, which can be displayed in the lower panel, seems to be correct. This value is 30600 in my case, but in the numbering of each element appears the element 31405, as you can see in the image. This problem is solved when I relist the items. After that there are no additional elements.
Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?
Thanks in advance
Attachments
Error_GiD.png
Error_GiD.png (519.97 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
escolano

Re: Problems with element numbering

Post by escolano »

Your mesh doesn't exceeds any preprocess limit. We have reached meshes of until 300 millions of tetrahedra.

In your case the amount of elements is 30600 but this is not compulsory the maximum element id (e.g. it exists and element with id=31405)
It could be an error or not.

Usually when meshing GiD automatically renumber the elements to avoid jumps in the numeration, and then usually the amount of elements match the maximum element id.
But for example if do you delete an element the mesh is not renumbered (you could do it with Utilities->Renumber, in mesh view)