Mesh Error

Moderator: GiD Team

Reza

Mesh Error

Post by Reza »

Hi
I have simulated the model completely and then calculated it with Kratos,when I will to change in in Postprocessor I become an Error which says that "no mesh information found". I have done it more times and it has not changed. Why is that and how can I fix it?
escolano

Re: Mesh Error

Post by escolano »

It seems that you switching to postprocess and then selecting some .res results file, and this files doen't include a copy of the mesh.

The normal way of work with GiD id have the mesh in preprocess and write the results in a file named <modelname>.post.res (without write again the mesh in this file)
and then switching to post GiD automatically uses the preprocess mesh and try to read the .post.res results file (the name is important to be automatically read)

Some programs write for postprocess another copy of the mesh, in a separated .post.msh file or inside the .post.res file, but this is only necessary if the postprocess mesh must be different on the preprocess one.

Have a look to your files inside the <modelname>.gid folder, if do you have the preprocess mesh and do you have some , .post.res but it is not named '<modelname>.post.res try simply renaming it to this name, to be located when switching to post.

In cases with multiple separated .res files it is possible to use a single <modelname>.post.lst file to be read by GiD, with the list of .res files to be read (and a special header line to indicate GiD how to proceed, e.g. merging them)