Condition on duplicated lines

Moderator: GiD Team

Felguf

Condition on duplicated lines

Post by Felguf »

Hello

I place a condition on a duplicated line and the CONDMESHTYPE is over nodes.

Before with GiD 13, the condition was applied on all the node of the line, the original line and the duplicated line.

Now with GiD 14, the condition is only applied on the nodes of one line and not on the duplicated line. Is there a way to apply the condition on all the nodes including the duplicated nodes or if I have the nodes of the origin line to know the node number of the duplicated one?

Regards,
escolano

Re: Condition on duplicated lines

Post by escolano »

What do you mean by 'a duplicated line' ? two lines in the same spatial location?
if there are two lines then you must apply the condition to both lines.
only the nodes generated from a line will inherit the condition of its parent line.

This behavior has never changed. it happen the same with GiD 13 or 14
Felguf

Post by Felguf »

I place a condition on a line with CONDMESHTYPE= over nodes.
After I use the command “Mesh/Mesh criteria/Duplicate/Line” to duplicate the line.
I mesh the structure.
The line is meshed and all the nodes of this line are doubled. I have twin nodes for all the nodes of this line.
When I list this condition (entities mycondition), I have a list of all the nodes with this condition but I have only 1 of the twin node. Before with GiD13, I had the condition on both the twin nodes.
escolano

Post by escolano »

Are you sure that the condition is not really applied to both twin nodes?

Maybe they are applied to both but they are finally written in your calculation file only in one?
Use the 'Entities' button of the conditions window to see the list of nodes with the condition and its values.

e.g.
I attach a simple example, a rectangle divided in two surfaces, sharing a line.
I have set this line 'to be duplicated when meshing' (Mesh->Mesh criteria->Duplicate->Lines)
and I have assigned to the line a condition (of a testing simple problemtye), named BC_Nodes, over lines->over nodes
Then when generating the mesh the nodes are duplicated (you can see visually with: View->Higherentities->Edges)
and In the condition window if I list ('Entities' button) I can see that there are 20 nodes with the condition (10+10 twin nodes)
test_duplicate_lines_condition_nodes.png
test_duplicate_lines_condition_nodes.png (88.11 KiB) Viewed 7910 times
This is my model, you can try it:
test_duplicate_line_condition_nodes.zip
(30.54 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
What is your exact GiD 14 version and OS?
If continue failing, please, attach a zip with a small model to test it
Felguf

Post by Felguf »

Hello,

You are right, this is not a problem of GiD Version. I have found why it’s not working. Since we use GiD 14, we have added some code to a tcl file before meshing. This code changes the IntervaData value (GiD_IntervalData set) to a value different from 1. When the value of the IntervaData is equal to 1 before the meshing command, the condition is applied on both twin nodes but when this value is different from 1, the condition is applied on only 1 of the twin nodes.

We have changed the IntervalData to 1 before meshing and now that works fine.

But I have another question:
In our condition, we have the question “QUESTION: Id_Line#FUNC#(NumEntity)” to identify the geometry line id source of each the mesh element. But after the mesh, when I list 'Entities' button in the condition window, one of the twin node has the id line number in its conditions but the other node has 0. I joint a copy of my screen (the last value is equal to 2 (= line id) for 3 nodes and to 0 for the 3 others nodes). Is-it normal?
duplicate01.png
duplicate01.png (55.11 KiB) Viewed 7870 times