Model from arbitrary contour

Moderator: GiD Team

jonh_smith

Model from arbitrary contour

Post by jonh_smith »

Hallo,

I would like to know how to draw a 3D model from a 2D contour plot. For eg. A branch of a tree. This is not symmetrical. I have the x,y points of the contour of the branch. I would like to draw a 3D model using this data. Thank you in advance.

:-)
escolano

Re: Model from arbitrary contour

Post by escolano »

Do you mean that do you have the lines in 2D that define the branch axis and that do you want to move the points to some z different of 0?
then you can use
Geometry->Edit->Move point...
click the point
and move it a distance in z with a relative increment (starting the coordinate by @)
e.g. to move 0.54 units in z write this:

@0,0,0.54
jonh_smith

Post by jonh_smith »

Thank you for the reply. It was not what I meant. From a photo of a branch(of a tree) I have taken the contour data. It is x,y points. However I would like to create a 3D image from this x,y points. I know it is very bad. But due to our funding limitations I have to work with what I have. I imported the x,y points and then rotated it along the central axis. Then I tried to allign it. However, this does not work. Is there any other way I can do this? Please let me know if it is still not clear. I am not allowed to display the content of the project in public. That is why I am not able to show any pictures. If there is an email-id then may be I can sent it to the email-id. Once again thank you for your reply. Thanks in advance.

:) :)
escolano

Post by escolano »

This topic has been answered in a private message