Barcelona Basic Model

Moderator: CODE_BRIGHT Team

tehseena

Barcelona Basic Model

Post by tehseena »

Hello,

I am trying to obtain a stress-strain graph for a shallow footing using BBM, but there is no option for gradual application of load. Please help me with this.
Regards.
code_bright

Re: Barcelona Basic Model

Post by code_bright »

Hi!

You can use the "ramp loading" option or the prescribed displacement rate option for that purpose. Please check section II.2.3.1 in the User's Guide and the tutorial manual (e.g. joint shear test or tunnel excavation THM argillite).

Best wishes,

Alfonso
tehseena

Post by tehseena »

Hi,

Thank you so much for your response.
Actually i have no. of questions regarding this and i hope you won't mind answering them.
I am again and again getting this error of "Found EOF too early". Can you please explain this.

Thanking you.
code_bright

Post by code_bright »

Hi,

That error happens when trying to open the results file. My guess is that you are trying to see the results but there are no results, either because you didn´t run the model or because you have some problems in your model and it didn't produce any results (the most usual problem is in initial or boundary conditions).

I suggest to take a look in Calculate --> View process info.

Also, you have in the Code_Bright website a lot of tutorials and documents. They may be helpful.

Best wishes,

Alfonso
tehseena

Post by tehseena »

Hi

I tried to solve it for different initial and boundary conditions but i am getting the same error repeatedly.
This is the problem of a "shallow footing" same as mentioned in tutorial. But instead of using mechanical model as "linear elastic", I used "BBM" along with hydraulic model with the same parameters as mentioned in the dam problem of tutorial.
I have attached the file here, if you please have a look over it.

Thanking You
Attachments
3.gid.rar
(45.4 KiB) Downloaded 333 times