Exchange material problem

Moderator: CODE_BRIGHT Team

code_bright

Exchange material problem

Post by code_bright »

In recent versions of GiD there is a problem with the exchange button in the materials window of code_bright. However, it works fine in old versions of code_bright. I will try to explain the problem:

When you push the Exchange button a explorer window opens up, so you can select your .mat file and load it. It works fine In GiD 11.

But in GiD 12 (12.1.1d, to be precise) the .mat file does not appear in the explorer window. However, if you select in File types "all files *.*", then the .mat file does appear. So this is the first problem: That under the .mat file type do not appear the .mat files.

The second problem is that, once the .mat file selected, it doesn't work and it tells you that the file <name>.mat.mat does not exist. Indeed, it doesn't exist. The one that exists is the <name>.mat file, but not the <name>.mat.mat. So this is the second problem. However, if you... after finding the file going under all types -as explained before-... select again *.mat file types, then it works fine.

Hope this can be fixed, because some user's are reporting problems about it.

Regards
escolano

Re: Exchange material problem

Post by escolano »

It seems that this issue is fixed editing the GiD file scripts\DataWindows.tcl
and replacing

Code: Select all

set filename [Browser-ramR file read $w [_ "Load Database"] \
            "" [list [list [_ "Materials"] ".mat"] [list [_ "All files"] ".*"]] .mat 0]
by

Code: Select all

set filename [Browser-ramR file read $w [_ "Load Database"] \
            "" [list [list [_ "Materials"] ".mat"] [list [_ "All files"] ".*"]] {} 0]
Next GiD versions 12.0.5 and 12.1.5d will have this fixed.
Taiyeb Badr

Post by Taiyeb Badr »

GiD 12.0.7 poses the same problem. Still it is possible to include these materials . But the problem comes in using those materials for calculation. I used the materials provided by Code_Bright website. CCS.mat is the file. One of the errors is that the ITYCL =0 For Viscoplasticity data 1 which results in an error " No materials assigned to one of the elements" .That I believe can be solved by changing ITYCL=1 . The other problem encountered is that the materials imported, that are ROCK and CAPROCK , do not have the tab of mechanical data 4 . This results in an error flashing "BBM_EX Inactive missing in the .bas file " . Also, are Barcelona Basic Model values relevant in case of aquifer material and caprock material?
What is the way ahead ?
escolano

Post by escolano »

I disagree, the related problem is fixed in GiD 12.0.7.
The problem has been that it was not possible to select the *.mat filename in the file browser!!
now is possible its selection!!

About the error running a simulation with the materials imported from the related ccs.mat file (http://www.etcg.upc.edu/recerca/webs/co ... s.mat/view)
maybe these material doesn't has defined the properties for the kind of simulation that you are trying (the web page said that is for CO2 tutorials)

I don't know if its properties are valid for all code_bright versions (e.g v4 and v5.2), maybe they require different fields for the simulation?
code_bright

Post by code_bright »

Hi!

I don't think there is any problem with using imported materials of any code_bright version. However, if the version is quite old and don't have new relevant features such as is your case with the tab of Mechanical Data 4, then you need to update your model to the new version. This is done by pressing data on the main menu, selecting problem type and the versión of code_bright that you want to use. Then, a window will appear in which you have two options: update or transform to a new problemtype. You should select transform and then your material, as it was defined, will work fine.

You are probably wondering why there is a problem in Mechanical Data 4 if your material is not using those laws and parameters... Well, the material do not use them, but the program needs to have values for all the fields (in this case, cero values for all the fields in Mechanical Data 4). However, with no value (which is not the same as value=0), you will obtain an error.

Hope I made myself clear.

Best wishes,

Alfonso
Kumbamutlang War

Post by Kumbamutlang War »

Hi,

This is the error I am getting while running the example of CO2 Injection in a Sample using the material ccs.mat downloaded, please let me know what is the issue.

Error in base file 'C:/Program Files/GiD/GiD 13.0.4/problemtypes/Code_bright_v7_4.gid/Code_bright_v7_44.bas' at line number 325: word: '_TEP_-_Thermal_and_Other_Parameters' doesn't exist

Error in command MatProp
Error in base file 'C:/Program Files/GiD/GiD 13.0.4/problemtypes/Code_bright_v7_4.gid/Code_bright_v7_44.bas' at line number 325: Error into a *for expression
Attachments
CCS.png
CCS.png (765 Bytes) Viewed 8057 times
code_bright

Post by code_bright »

Hi,

The material file ccs.mat is not updated for newer versions of Code_Bright. It would work if you update it to the new version, as have been explained in a previous comment (Data-->Problem type-->...)

Best wishes,

Alfonso
Kumbamutlang War

Post by Kumbamutlang War »

I am actually running in code bright v7-4, is there a newer version to this ?
code_bright

Post by code_bright »

You can check the newest official version in the Code_Bright website:

https://deca.upc.edu/en/projects/code_bright