[GiDlist] Exporting conditions applied over face elements

Moderator: GiD Team

Christophe Louis

Post by Christophe Louis »

Hello,

I write you because I would like to know which information I can get (in a bas file) for a condition that is applied to a line that is the boundary of a quadrilateral element. I defined a condition, called Line-Pressure-Load, that is applied aver lines and transferred over face elements.

I have quadrilateral elements that can accept a pressure as a condition but I need to specify over which face the pressure is applied (Pressure_Face_1, Pressure_Face_2, Pressure_Face_3, Pressure_Face_4). Is it possible to get this information for the calculation or is the condition simply applied over elements with a difference in the visualisation in the pre-process ?

Louis Christophe

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20021025/77cf106a/attachment.htm
Enrique Escolano

Post by Enrique Escolano »

Yo can get in the bas file the nodes of the loaded face with the order
*LocalNodes (two nodes with local number from 1 to 4 for quadrilateral)
or
*GlobalNodes (global nodes number)

This order must be inside a loop over elems with your condition. See help on Customization-Template file

GiD not provide directly a number of face, it is necessary some *if order to identify your specific face numeration
This is the implicit numeration faces of GiD

Triangle: 12 23 31
Quadrilateral: 12 23 34 41
Tetrahedra: 123 243 341 421
Hexahedra: 1234 1562 2673 3784 1485 5876

for example:

*set cond(Line-Pressure-Load)
*loop elems onlyincond
*if(localnodes(1)==1))
*set var facenumber=1
*elseif(localnodes(1)==2))
*set var facenumber=2
*elseif(localnodes(1)==3))
*set var facenumber=3
*elseif(localnodes(1)==4))
*set var facenumber=4
*endif
Face number: *facenumber
*end elems

Note: this code is untested, it can include some small error.

Enrique Escolano
----- Original Message -----
To: Gid
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 1:27 PM
Subject: [GiDlist] Exporting conditions applied over face elements

Hello,

I write you because I would like to know which information I can get (in a bas file) for a condition that is applied to a line that is the boundary of a quadrilateral element. I defined a condition, called Line-Pressure-Load, that is applied aver lines and transferred over face elements.

I have quadrilateral elements that can accept a pressure as a condition but I need to specify over which face the pressure is applied (Pressure_Face_1, Pressure_Face_2, Pressure_Face_3, Pressure_Face_4). Is it possible to get this information for the calculation or is the condition simply applied over elements with a difference in the visualisation in the pre-process ?

Louis Christophe

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20021025/92456cba/attachment.htm