[GiDlist] problem in bas file

Moderator: GiD Team

Andreas Friedberg

[GiDlist] problem in bas file

Post by Andreas Friedberg »

Hi everybody,

I have a problem specific to the template file I wrote for the tochnog solver. In the input file for a calculation with tochnog, the materials are assigned to the elements of the generated mesh. I do this assignement through the materials file. As I try to implement a template file for geotechnical analysis with the modified Cam Clay plasticity model, I have to assign initial values (preconsolidation mean pressure and void ratio) to the nodes belonging to the elements which were assigned the material specified by the Cam Clay model. So I have a list of elements which belong to this material (with *elemsmat I can sort that out in the template file), but I need a nodes list (something a command like *nodesmat could do, but that doesn't exist).
I tried to get this list with the following commands:

*loop elems
*if(ElemsMat==imaterial)
*ElemsConec
*endif
*end elems

with imaterial being the number of the plastic material specified by the Cam Clay model.
The problem with this set of commands is the fact that I get almost all the points repeated several times in the list. Could you help me get that list of nodes belonging to a certain material without every node being repeated several times in the list?

best regards, Andreas Friedberg
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20020806/eb06740a/attachment.htm