[GiDlist] Problem with batch file

Moderator: GiD Team

Andreas Friedberg

Post by Andreas Friedberg »

Hi,

I've written an extension for tochnog that runs on both gid versions (6 and 7). I have automatized the calculation with tochnog with a batch file of following sort:

rem basename=%1
rem directory=%2
rem ProblemDirectory=%3

pause

move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\%1.dat C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\

pause

cd C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\
tochnog %1.dat

pause

move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.dbs c:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\
move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.flavia.dat c:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\
move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.flavia.mesh c:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\
move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.flavia.res c:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\
move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.dat c:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\
del C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.run

Now this worked well on the version 6.1.2 of gid, but since I have installed the new version, every time I start the calculation, the batch file isn't executed. I guess there is some sort of conflict which I don't understand. My operating system is win2000. Could you tell me, why my batch file isn't executed after the writing of the dat file? I tried to rename the command application inside the gid7.0 directory, but that didn't work either.

best regards, Andreas
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20020710/019296e9/attachment.htm
Enrique Escolano

Post by Enrique Escolano »

1) remove the order "pause" from the bat file.

You can run the bat file with the operating system command.com/cmd.exe or with a command.exe of GiD (recommended)
Note: some orders are not implemented in command.exe (read the topic: "executing an exernal program" of the GiD help)

If GiD finds the file command.exe, located next to gid.exe, it will be used to interpret the *.bat file of the problem type; if the file command.exe cannot be found, the *.bat file will be interpreted by the windows command.com. If conflicts appear by the use of some instruction still nonimplemented in the GiD command.exe, it's possible to rename the command.exe file, so that GiD doesn't find it, and the operating system command.com is used.

Other comments:

1- Is best to use relative paths instead absolute paths:
ex: bad absolute path
move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\%1.dat C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\
is best to use (%2 is the paht of your model, %3 is the path of your problem type)
move %2\%1.dat %3\

2-The "natural" location of Tochnog.gid is the directory \problemtypes of GiD

3-Is best not move the dat file to the tochnog directory, instead run tochnog with the path:
instead:
tochnog %1.dat
move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.dbs c:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\
move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.flavia.dat c:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\
move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.flavia.mesh c:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\
move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.flavia.res c:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\
move C:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Tochnog\%1.dat c:\Programme\Gid6.1.2\Projects\%1.gid\
use:

%3\tochnog %1.dat
del %1.run
Regards

Enrique Escolano

----- Original Message -----

To: gidlist at gatxan.cimne.upc.es
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 3:32 PM
Subject: [GiDlist] Problem with batch file

Hi,

I've written an extension for tochnog that runs on both gid versions (6 and 7). I have automatized the calculation with tochnog with a batch file of following sort:

rem basename=%1
rem directory=%2
rem ProblemDirectory=%3

pause

pause

tochnog %1.dat

pause

Now this worked well on the version 6.1.2 of gid, but since I have installed the new version, every time I start the calculation, the batch file isn't executed. I guess there is some sort of conflict which I don't understand. My operating system is win2000. Could you tell me, why my batch file isn't executed after the writing of the dat file? I tried to rename the command application inside the gid7.0 directory, but that didn't work either.

best regards, Andreas
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20020711/811875c0/attachment.htm