[GiDlist] (no subject)

Moderator: GiD Team

Andreas Friedberg

[GiDlist] (no subject)

Post by Andreas Friedberg »

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if it is possible to use an external mesher in gid. What I need to do is to write some information (about the geometry that I have stored in global variables through procedures in the tcl file) to a file *.in, then feed an external mesher with that file and read the output file of the mesher into the gid preprocessor. I would like to automate this process through the tcl file so that I can trigger it in the graphical interface of gid.
Is that possible?

Thanks for response, Andreas

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20030123/6e2186ac/attachment.htm
Enrique Escolano

[GiDlist] (no subject)

Post by Enrique Escolano »

If you generate externally a mesn then GiD can import a mesh in GiD mesh Ascii, NASTRAN or STL format
(menu Files-Import)

It is also possible to run GiD in batch mode without open graphical windows to generate a mesh
gid -b "batchfile" -n
(see help on invoking GiD and batch file)

Enrique Escolano
----- Original Message -----
To: GiD mailinglist
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 10:39 PM
Subject: [GiDlist] (no subject)

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if it is possible to use an external mesher in gid. What I need to do is to write some information (about the geometry that I have stored in global variables through procedures in the tcl file) to a file *.in, then feed an external mesher with that file and read the output file of the mesher into the gid preprocessor. I would like to automate this process through the tcl file so that I can trigger it in the graphical interface of gid.
Is that possible?

Thanks for response, Andreas

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20030124/a8e415f8/attachment.htm