[GiDlist] Import in preprocess

Moderator: GiD Team

dganit

Post by dganit »

Hello Everyone,

I have used the option Import-GiD Mesh to import a mesh in preprocess.
I tryed to generate a new mesh on the imported mesh, but got an error and no mesh was generated.
I tryed to use Import-Mesh Surface, and did change size of elements, but when opened the new mesh file in postprocess the 'old' mesh (before new generation) was opened.

1. Can I change not only the size of elements in Impoer-Surface Mesh, but also type of elements etc. ?
2. Why did I get the error in Import-GiD Mesh ?

Thanks a lot,
Dganit
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20040314/aadfae14/attachment.htm
Enrique Escolano

Post by Enrique Escolano »

If you have a mesh (created or imported), and try to re-mesh, then the old mesh is deleted, and is generated
a new mesh from the geometric entities (points, lines, surfaces or volumes) .
In your case maybe not exists any geometric entity.

If you want to re-mesh a previous mesh, and don´t have the related geometric model, can try to import as "surface mesh".
This create a "pseudo-geometric" entity (based on the mesh shape). You can try to generate a mesh from this entity, but
it only works for simple cases. After generate the mesh, it's automatically transferred to postprocess, it's not necessary
to save it (in a GiD Mesh Ascii file) and reopen in postprocess.

Enrique Escolano
----- Original Message -----
To: gidlist at gatxan.cimne.upc.es
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 7:06 PM
Subject: [GiDlist] Import in preprocess

Hello Everyone,

I tryed to generate a new mesh on the imported mesh, but got an error and no mesh was generated.
I tryed to use Import-Mesh Surface, and did change size of elements, but when opened the new mesh file in postprocess the 'old' mesh (before new generation) was opened.

1. Can I change not only the size of elements in Impoer-Surface Mesh, but also type of elements etc. ?

Thanks a lot,
Dganit
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20040315/3be299d4/attachment.htm
dganit

Post by dganit »

Hello Enrique,

Thanks for your reply.
I re-meshed an imported "surface mesh" and toggled to postprocess as you have recomended. But the postprocess opened the old mesh and not the new generated one.

Please help,
Dganit

Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: [GiDlist] Import in preprocess

If you have a mesh (created or imported), and try to re-mesh, then the old mesh is deleted, and is generated

If you want to re-mesh a previous mesh, and don´t have the related geometric model, can try to import as "surface mesh".
This create a "pseudo-geometric" entity (based on the mesh shape). You can try to generate a mesh from this entity, but
it only works for simple cases. After generate the mesh, it's automatically transferred to postprocess, it's not necessary

Enrique Escolano

Hello Everyone,

Thanks a lot,
Dganit
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20040315/9abf814f/attachment.htm
Enrique Escolano

Post by Enrique Escolano »

Maybe you have a mesh file named for example "yourmodel".flavia.msh
then this external mesh file, if exists, it replace the internal mesh when toggle to postprocess.

Rename this file or the model.

Enrique
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 8:50 PM

Hello Enrique,

Thanks for your reply.
I re-meshed an imported "surface mesh" and toggled to postprocess as you have recomended. But the postprocess opened the old mesh and not the new generated one.

Please help,
Dganit

Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:38 PM

Enrique Escolano

Hello Everyone,

Thanks a lot,
Dganit
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20040315/c9e3164d/attachment.htm