Graph axis scaling !

Moderator: GiD Team

sujith.gowda

Graph axis scaling !

Post by sujith.gowda »

Hallo,
I am facing problems with Graph plot using GiD.
If I plot a variable using line graph, the graph is plot with the expected variation but the scale is different.
Example, if I plot some parameter against a distance. The values shown in the axis are different and random than the exact numbers. It exaggerates the values near the region where more variation is observed and it compresses the rest with no variations. As in the picture,
obtaining from GiD
obtaining from GiD
1.png (6.34 KiB) Viewed 8478 times
But what I need is something simple, variable values vs distance in equal divisions (similar to the picture below)
Required plot
Required plot
2.png (5.97 KiB) Viewed 8478 times
I am unable to find the settings or options to change this.
Please Let me know what is wrong in my procedure. Also, the point evolution curve doesn't plot anything after point selection.

(Info: I am using version 10.0.9)

Sujith
escolano

Re: Graph axis scaling !

Post by escolano »

Version GiD 10.0.9 is old and won't be changed.
Check if it happen the same in last versions (13.1.11d that soon will become GiD 14.0)
Then please, attach a .zip with the GiD model and explain briefly how to create your graph

Note: with your same GiD 10.x password you can use the last 10 developer version (10.2.0d), maybe your problem was fixed in this version.
sujith.gowda

Re: Graph axis scaling !

Post by sujith.gowda »

escolano wrote:Version GiD 10.0.9 is old and won't be changed.
Check if it happen the same in last versions (13.1.11d that soon will become GiD 14.0)
Then please, attach a .zip with the GiD model and explain briefly how to create your graph

Note: with your same GiD 10.x password you can use the last 10 developer version (10.2.0d), maybe your problem was fixed in this version.
Hi,

It is working as I need in the developer version(10.02.0d).
I have license for only version 10, so i tried only with the latest official release i.e. 10.0.9.

Thank you for the support.