Automatic point evolution Graph

Moderator: GiD Team

manuelpk

Automatic point evolution Graph

Post by manuelpk »

Hi,
I would ask if is possible to set some coordinates for few points where, after the analisys, i can look the point evolution graph. So if i change my model or parameter, after the analisys I can have fastly the graph in all my fixed points.

Thanks
escolano

Re: Automatic point evolution Graph

Post by escolano »

No, it is not directly possible to do it with GiD,
In general the list of coordinates of the points of interest doesn't has sense between different models (with different sizes, scales, and different results)

Some possible approachs:
1) -Do it in the calculation program: define 'a priori' the coordinates of the points and variables of interest and the calculation process could write a graphs file with this information, to be automatically read when the calculation finish and changing to postprocess

2) As user create a Tcl procedure to be invoked by a button of the macros toolbar, and in this macro create the graphs of some result on a list of stored coordinates.

something like this (assuming a result named Pressure, and two 'hardcoded' locations)

proc CreateMyGraphs { } {
set xyz_coordinates {1.5,3.6,0.0 2.3,3.2,0.0}
set result_name Pressure
foreach xyz_coordinate $xyz_coordinates {
GiD process Mescape Results Graphs PointEvolution $result_name |$result_name| $xyz_coordinate escape escape
}
}

I think that the second approach is what do you need
Off course you could sophisticate the macro: a first step to select coordinates, and results to be plot and a second step to create the graphs with the selection stored in the first step (the first step could be avoided in next uses of the macro)
kattiesora

Re: Automatic point evolution Graph

Post by kattiesora »

The Point evolution graph displays a graph of the evolution of the selected result along all the steps, of the default analysis, for the selected nodes.

. Select View results->Graphs->Point evolution->Velocity->|Velocity| . You can also click on the graphs icon and select the point evolution option:

. Write 20,0,4 in the command line in order to specify the point.
. Affter pressing the <Esc> key, or the middle mouse button, the graph will be shown in a separate window: