Exporting to .dxf with node and element labels

Moderator: GiD Team

Nazarian2

Exporting to .dxf with node and element labels

Post by Nazarian2 »

Hi,

Is it possible to export the mesh to .dxf with the node and element labels? I do not seem to know how to do so.

Regards.
escolano

Re: Exporting to .dxf with node and element labels

Post by escolano »

DXF is not a mesh format, the concepts of nodes or elements of finite elements doesn't exists in this exchange format.

When exporting with Files->Export->Usintg template .bas->DXFSAP2000
elements are written as '3DFACE' dxf entitites

When exporting with Files->Export->Usintg template .bas->DXF
elements are written as a 'polyface mesh' dxf entity

You can also write your own .bas template to write exactly what you want

If to you want to export the GiD mesh in a simple ASCII format, easy to be read, and without modifications you can export it with
Files->Export->GiD mesh
Nazarian2

Post by Nazarian2 »

Dear escolano,

Thanks for the response.

What I want is a drawing with the mesh such as the attached, but with numbers on each element and node, such that I can identify the nodes and elements visually in the drawing, very much like the feature of displaying the labels on GiD, but hopefully with more control over the label's text size.

Is this possible? either directly from GiD, or using e.g. AutoCAD.

Sorry if this question is too basic. Regards.
Attachments
Example
Example
Ejemplo.png (149.73 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
escolano

Post by escolano »

In GiD, you can try to change the font used for these labels in Utilities->Preferences... Fonts

Labels of nodes and elemenst on preprocess are controled by the "Fixed width bitmap font" of preferences, buy I think that this only is implemented on the current developer version e.g. 12.1.10d, not in official versions

In postprocess nodes and element labels are working in a different way than in preprocess, the use the "Labels" true-type font of the preferences window.

With AutoCAD you won't be able to preserve the GiD node or element ids, because there is not a one-to-one relationship with DXF/AutoCAD entities, there is a translation to 'somehow similar' entities.