IGES importing problems since GID12.0.2

Moderator: GiD Team

EduardoAlbaizar

IGES importing problems since GID12.0.2

Post by EduardoAlbaizar »

Hi, I use have been using GID (+Tdyn) for several years since I use a customised simulation tool for my industry.
I have always imported geometry via IGESimport. The original geometry is created within NX (v7.5).
In the latest GID version I have been provided (12.0.2), I am having a lot of problems that I did not have in previous version (11.0).

Basically, now a lot of surfaces are missing when using flat visualization after import. Collapsing and repairing geometry does not solve the problem.
Before, only some complex surfaces would not show in flat visual mode and they were most times correctly repaired after collapsing and repairing geometry.

I have tried with several IGES files and in all cases the result is the same: v11.0 imports fine and v12.0.2 fails.
I don't know if this issue has been addressed or not but it seems a huge step backwards for NX users.
I know that other CAD programs exported IGES files, like Inventor, give much fewer problems than NX does.

I wonder what changes have been introduced to the import script. I would have supposed that main changes should focus on the platfrom that had more import problems but it seems that developers of this tool are not considering NX in their tests. Either that or I maybe I am using very different export parameters than the ones who tested it. If someone can provide IGES export parameters for NX I would really appreciate it.
escolano

Re: IGES importing problems since GID12.0.2

Post by escolano »

please, attach some examples of IGES (small if possible) that are imported well in GiD 11.0 and bad in current GiD 12.0.3 official/ 12.1.2d developer.
escolano

Re: IGES importing problems since GID12.0.2

Post by escolano »

We have found a bug in Gid 12 importing IGES entities of type 122 (tabulated cylinder).
This error has been fixed for next GiD 12.0.4 official version that will be available in a couple of days, and for next developer version 12.1.3d.